I'm over on G+ as well

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Microsoft Improving

#marketing #bing #microsoft #surface #kinect #microsoftstore

There are a number of things that are impressing me about Microsoft lately.  The first was my experience early last year in buying a couple of computers from the Microsoft store.  I got a great deal as they were having a sale and the fact they had removed all the bloatware from the product meant I got them both home and ready to roll immediately out of the box.  They probably ran faster and more smoothly than any PC I've purchased in the last 10 years.  

One was a Samsung laptop and the other a Dell Zino.  The Zino hasn't held up to well to everyday use from a couple of small boys but my wife loves her laptop.  

Compare that to buying a similar specification laptop on black friday from Best Buy (who I should be boycotting on principal but they sometimes have deals the bargain hounds in me drag me along for).  It is so loaded with garbage I've put it aside until I have a half day to clean it up and get it working.  Completely disappointing experience compared to buying from the MS Store.

The Windows 7 phone has been quietly consuming market share and getting a lot of positive reviews, they've brought out the commercial version of their surface products, they are bringing out a PC version of the minority report interface using the Kincet, and now they created this kind of cool Bing Xmas calendar.

Keep it up Microsoft.  Might be time to invest in some stock.

Bing Calendar
Gizmag article on Windows 7 Minority Report
Microsoft Surface

No comments:

Post a Comment